This last week IBM announced that RDiSOA 8 is now available. Current customers have already been able to download the individual parts for some time. Now, they should see the full package available from Passport Advantage.
RDiSOA Combines RPG and COBOL Development Tools for i with Rational Business Developer. It also combines the value propositions of higher developer productivity with the strategic value of leveraging existing IBM i business logic assets in modern solutions using EGL, SOA, and Java.
This is also a common package for HATS and Web development (entry price point for IBM I modernization solution).
Note: This offering also includes the HATS toolkit. HATS toolkit stand-alone is a free download
- Accelerate delivery of Web 2.0 and SOA solutions that leverage existing IBM i assets
- Deliver innovative, modern solutions with minimal developer retraining
- More effectively manage the impact of technology changes
- Lower recruitment barriers and training costs and improve skills by providing a common development environment across platforms and technologies
- Reduce skill silos and achieve new levels of flexibility and responsiveness
- Simplify and accelerate code development and maintenance
Inclusion in RDi for SOA is a ‘convenience’ only. This does not include licensing to the HATS runtime, and, HATS toolkit 8 will not be available in Eclipse 3.6-compatible version until later this year. When it is available, you will want to upgrade to HATS 8. Trust me on that one!
Labels: HATS, rational, SOA