28 Jul 2010: If you are using a Terminal Emulator to connect to the system,SSL is now required. SSL Setup instructions for IBM Personal Communications
To create a keystore file to use with HATS that includes the certificate file you extracted from the Telnet server's keystore file, take the following steps:
- Copy the certificate extracted from the Telnet server's keystore file to your HATS development system.
- Click Start > All Programs > IBM Rational® SDP profile > IBM Rational HATS 7.5 > Certificate Management (where IBM Rational SDP profile is the Rational SDP product profile you have installed.
- Click Key Database File and select New....
- For the Key database type, select PKCS12. Give the file a name with an extension of .p12 and a location, and click OK.
- Type in a password, confirm it, and click OK.
- Under Key database content, select Signer Certificates from the drop-down list and click Add....
- For Data type select Binary DER data. If the certificate is in ASCII format, select Base64-encoded ASCII data.
- Browse to find and select the certificate you extracted from the Telnet server's keystore file and click OK.
- Enter a label for the certificate and click OK.
- Exit the Certificate Management tool.
Labels: HATS, IBM, rational